Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Anatomy of a Diamond


Moving on to the second of the big C's: Clarity. No argument here, we all want a crystal clear, sparkling diamond. They don't call it 'ice' for nothing. Do they still call it that? Regardless, clarity is probably the most well known and most obvious of the four C's.  Here's a little bit more about it.


Diamonds are found in nature, so its no wonder they may have natural blemishes and inclusions. Some of those, however, aren't even visible to the naked eye. Blemishes are surface flaws such as scratches, while inclusions are entities such as air bubbles and other minerals trapped within the diamond. Diamonds, like people, are unique. And therefore have individual qualities. Make sure you ask your jeweler to point out any flaws in your diamond before purchasing. They may not be noticeable at all.

And in case you were wondering, The Krupp Diamond (pictured above) also known as the Elizabeth Taylor Diamond, is 33.19 carat Asscher cut diamond, gifted to her by then-husband, Richard Burton, in 1968. It sold at auction last year for $8,818,500 and is said to be internally flawless.

10 comments:

  1. This is love. I seriously like it. How do you guys do it? sennheiser pc 360 review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is love. I seriously like it. How do you guys do it? tacfit workout

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is love. I seriously like it. How do you guys do it? no flame e-cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  4. But seriously? I've lost a decade of my life, acquired high blood pressure and now I'm spending a fortune trying to fix my teeth from constantly gritting them to get through my days Hcg Diet Drops

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is love. I seriously like it. How do you guys do it?jason richards family survival course

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is write-up is simply blowing wind blowing! This really is definitely very helpful along with useful website http://buy-essays-online.org . I'll share this to help my personal close friends perhaps for them to furthermore ease their particular venture pressure. You need to maintain this good do the job. Appreciate it many mate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And therefore have individual qualities. Make sure you ask your jeweler to point out any flaws in your diamond before purchasing. They may not be noticeable at all.newspaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I began as an industry professional in 1975. That’s when I started working at Bekins Van Lines in the San Fernando Valley as a helper. I learned the trade from the ground up. First, as a helper, then a packer, driver and a foreman. Woodland Hills Moving Company

    ReplyDelete
  9. E-cigaret NikotinE-cigaret med nikotin, som bliver mere og mere populær blandt rygere, der forsøger at holde op eller nedtrappe deres tobaksforbrug, har revolutioneret fremtiden indenfor rygning. stop smoking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more informatiom prostate milking

    ReplyDelete